Do You Need Help?

Have you been lied to, tricked, coerced or forced to do something against your will? Has your identification or important documents (like a passport) been taken away from you? Are you working long hours with little or no pay?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Magdalene House Society can help you.

You can call the TIP line  1 800 222 8477 or
Chrysalis Network 1-866-528-7109 to be connected with our service.
Do you need immediate help? Call 911

Protection Assistance for Foreign Victims

Are you a victim of human trafficking? Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) can help protect you by giving you a special temporary resident permit (TRP). This permit gives potential victims legal immigration status in Canada. The permit is valid for up to 180 days. Depending on your situation, CIC can reissue the TRP at the end of the 180-day period. If you get a TRP, you can also get health-care benefits and trauma counseling. You may also apply for a fee-exempt work permit. You will need to fill out the necessary documents. You must give them to an immigration officer for processing.

In Canada, you do not have to testify against your trafficker to get temporary or permanent resident status. There is no fee for an initial TRP or a work permit for victims of trafficking.

If you think you are a victim of trafficking, or you know someone who is, please visit or contact the CIC office closest to you. To find the closest CIC office, call CIC toll free at 1-888-242-2100 (from within Canada only). If you visit an office in person, CIC can assess your application faster. If you need help right away, please call your local police or 911.


CALL 911